Key Concepts

 

So I am going to have 4 key concepts that I hope to carry forward with "Blackgate"


1. Large, I want this to put the Mega in the megadungeon.

 
2. I want to have some level of coherence. Its not that each room will be carefully plotted out, and there will be at times large sums of dice cast to establish random rooms once key sections are keyed. However I don't want to to become a gonzo everything included including the kitchen sink dungeon.

 
3. I want a range of play to happen - encounters, exploration, politics and trade, riddles, and so on be avalable - and rewarding for the players.

 
4. I don't want to marry it to closely to any campaign setting. Sure there will be references to my own settings (Raven Rock for example) but these will be easily filed off to be placed into another setting. However there may be a few key concepts that will be required for the setting, but I will try to limit them.

 
In addition, I generally keep my science fiction and Fantasy in their own baskets, so no plans of a crashed starship, but steam powered dwarven machines might be possible.

Comments

Popular Posts